Sunday, February 8, 2009

4 days old

Wyatt is really starting to get the hang of nursing. Now all he ever does is eat! It has been so nice to have Clark home these past couple of days to help me out. He has been wonderful. We were using some newborn (up to 10 lbs) diapers and found that he leaked through nearly every time because he is just so big! In fact, he already has a laundry basket full of dirty duds (2 crib sheets, changing pad cover, pee pads, a million burp cloths, about 10 onesies, receiving blankets, some pjs, etc.) I still can't believe something so little could make such a mess.


We gave him a bath yesterday evening. I think he really liked the warm water because he practically fell asleep. He wasn't too happy when we took him out, though. Check out the pics





5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kristen, CON-GRAT-U-LAT-IONS!!!!!!!!! I remember when you used to talk about "when baby comes" and now he has :) He's SO cute and I love seeing these pics and updates. Good luck with these next few weeks especially. You are amazing and so loved and I'm so glad that you've got your healthy baby boy!!

Ashley said...

Wait until you have a "blow out" that goes from the knees to the back of his neck. How do these kids to it! He looks so big or even older, like he came out as at least a month old. He is a handsome guy.
It was nice to see Clark with the baby. I know he's great with kids, I just can't picture him with a baby for some reason. So, the picture helped with that.
Sounds like you guys are making it! I think you get into survival mode for the first 6 weeks or so and then before you know it you have the hang of it.
You're doing great blogging. I enjoy seeing the updates.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pics. Seems like we are much closer to you that way. Also liked seeing a picture of Clark and Wyatt! Sorry to tell you that the laundry never stops! And as someone else stated, wait till you have that "blow out" which is bound to happen when you are in a public place. So glad to hear things are going well. I'm sure it is nice to be home in your own bed without all the interruptions that happen in the hospital. XOXO Tracy

Amber Smith said...

Hey Kristen and Clark!
I found your blog through Ellen Linford's blog. I am so excited to hear that everything went well for you! Wyatt is such a cute little boy!

Shane leaked through all of his diapers when he was born too. We realized that his dingdong was always pointed up, so we started pointing it down when we put a new diaper on and it helped a ton.

Anyway, congratulations! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I am just a short distance away and Shane and I are always looking for something to do. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Kristen-
Wyatt is beautiful !! Congrats. I'm so glad you guys are doing good. Love seeing the pics and updates. He is soooo cute, Miley hopes to have a play date with him soon !! Congrats again !!! Keep updating the site, and sleep when he is sleeping... its the best advice I can give you.