Sunday, November 30, 2008

Old News

Here is a letter I sent out a few weeks ago providing some info about the pregnancy. I'm now 31 weeks pregnant...

I am officially 26 ½ weeks pregnant now, which means I only have about 3 months to go! Woohoo! January 28th is my expected due date. The baby is about 14 inches long and 1 ¾ lbs now. He sure feels a lot bigger when he is doing flips inside of me. It makes me jump sometimes when he starts squirming around. He is definitely going to be a ball full of energy when he is born.

So far everything is moving right along. Both ultrasounds have showed a healthy baby boy, so the Dray family tradition continues. I just hope he is as handsome as his daddy. I got my flu shot about a week and a half ago, but came down with some yucky stomach bug this weekend. I guess you can’t prevent everything, huh.

I haven’t had any really strange cravings although the baby does seem to prefer wholesome foods like vegetables. Hey, at least it’s healthy! Mom still craves sweets, so I have had to tame my sweet tooth a bit. I have to take a routine gestational diabetes test at my next doctor’s visit. I am certainly not looking forward to that at all. They make you drink this glucose drink and then test your blood 1 hr. later to see how your body handles the sugar. Hopefully, everything will go well.

In the meantime I am still working full time and trying to prepare for the baby. I decided to sew all the baby’s bedding myself, which has proven to be more than I bargained for. All my sewing projects are keeping me busy. So far I have finished the crib skirt, the bumper (just finished today) and the quilt top. I need to put the backing on the quilt. I also am making some burp cloths, changing pads, and stuffed monsters and toys for baby to play with. Phew! Thank goodness for Joann’s coupons.

Last weekend a friend and I went to a huge baby garage sale in our area. It was at a local school and there were 2 gyms packed full of baby stuff. I found a really good swing, some toys, and lots of clothes. There are some things, though, that we just won’t buy used, like a car seat, breast pump, and diaper pails (yuck!). For those things and more, Clark & I registered at Babies ‘R Us and Target. Check it out if you are interested.

We will keep you posted as things progress. We love you all!

Kristin and Clark

3 comments:

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Hey girl. Yahoo I found your blog. I love it and welcome to the wonderful blogging world :) I can't believe you are already 31 weeks. I am so excited to meet the little guy. Love ya.
PS your sewing projects are amazing!

Ellen said...

Yay for blogging!! Hooray and Welcome to the addiction!! ;)

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE PREGO COUSIN... I MISS YOU HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING???/ HOW IS BEING PREGO!!! LOVE YOUR BLOG... MY BLOG IS mjmccrary.blogpspot.com!
Love you