Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I finished!!!


So, I really wanted a nice wood glider rocker with a matching ottomon for my baby's room, but everything I looked at was soooo expensive. I started searching Craig's list(like a local internet garage sale) and finally found one for a reasonable price but the cover was old and torn in a few places. I have never recovered anything with such weird shaped cushions, but I was bound and determined to have my rocking chair and have it be cute, too. I used a couple of my favorite fabrics that are in the nursery bedding & voila...6 months later a rocker & ottoman that are like new. I even made a matching pillow for my back. So, normally this wouldn't have taken so long but I just kept getting so nervous that I would somehow ruin it, so I had to work up the courage every time I wanted to start working on it. That and the fact that I also had 50 other projects I was working on plus a full-time job. Excuses excuses, right? Anyways, I am finished now and couldn't be happier! Hooray for Craig's List and sewing skills.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I really really love it! You are SO amazing! Baby boy Dray is SO lucky to have a mommy that is as crafty and cute as you are!! Can't wait to see you next week!

Dan and Shauna said...

I'm so impressed- is it Amy Butler fabric... whatever it is I love it!!! Do you have my blog address? If you want it email me at head8581@yahoo.com- it's private.