Friday, January 30, 2009

Update from the Womb:

That's right - from the womb, suckers. I'm still in here and guess what - I'm not coming out. On the inside it's so warm and comfortable, and I have a direct line for food plugged right into my gut. I don't even have to swallow! And why would I want to trade pre-digested ice-cream, Indian food, etc. for a diet consisting of exclusively milk? On top of all that, I hear it's pretty cold and miserable out there right now. Snow, ice, freezing rain - no thank you. I prefer my personal hot-tub, so I'm staying here. You can try and force me out, but remember that babies have a very strong grip reflex, so I'll be latching on to Mommy's spleen or ribs or whatever else I can reach in here and holding on tight. Let me know when they add a bailout for newborns to the stimulus package and maybe I'll reconsider. . .

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Funny!

Deanne said...

Jim and I just loved the baby's input from the womb! You are a creative writer and we laughed right out loud. Your face just radiates love and beauty in your last week's "pregnant picture." Expecting a baby brings out the inner glow of a mommy and you have it!